Benefits of Manjishtha
- Manjistha helps in blood purification and cleansing of the lymphatic system
- Manjistha helps improve skin health. It helps to heal damaged skin tissue and clears dark spots. Manjistha can also be used as a face pack in combination with other herbs like turmeric, sandalwood powder, and orange peel
- Manjistha helps to maintain normal blood pressure and blood circulation
- Manjistha helps in normal menstruation
- Manjistha supports the health of the urinary tract
- Manjistha helps in detoxification and removes toxins releases in the blood when the liver, pancreas or other organs undergo detoxification
- Manjistha helps to maintain healthy gums
Botanical Name: Rubia Cordifolia
Family Name: Rubiaceae
Common Name: Indian Madder, Madderwort
Manjishtha grows in India, Southeast Asia, and Africa. The roots and stems of Manjishtha are used.
The roots are said to have the properties of being nourishing, astringent, emmenagogue, tonic and vulnerary. The stems are bitter and cooling.