8 Ways to Lower Blood
Pressure Without Prescription Medication
According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), globally, the overall prevalence of raised blood pressure in adults aged 25 and over was around 40% in 2008. This figure is sure to have worsened in the last 10 years with increasing stress levels, poor diets, and poor lifestyle choices. High Blood Pressure is estimated to cause nearly 10 million deaths worldwide on an annual basis.
Blood Pressure is often called the ‘silent killer’ because though not obvious
at first, it significantly increases
the risks of heart, brain, kidney and other diseases over time. Most people
with hypertension are unaware of the problem because it may have no warning
signs or symptoms. For this reason, it is essential that blood pressure is
One of the best ways to ensure the prevention of developing hypertension is to make positive lifestyle changes. It is preferable to implement these lifestyle changes at the prevention stage but even in cases where there is already an existing problem with raised blood pressure, these lifestyle changes can still be used to manage the condition effectively.
How can the burden of
hypertension be reduced?
Reducing hypertension prevents heart attack, stroke, and kidney damage, as well as other health problems.
- Reducing salt intake (to less than 5g daily)
- Eating more fruit and vegetables
- Being physically active on a regular basis
- Avoiding the use of tobacco
- Reducing alcohol consumption
- Limiting the intake of foods high in saturated fats
- Eliminating/reducing trans fats in the diet
- Reducing and managing mental stress
- Regularly checking blood pressure
- Treating high blood pressure
- Managing other medical conditions
Here at Natures Lab, our experts
are constantly researching on herbs and natural ways of optimizing your health.
We have summarized our most up to date findings on the subject of hypertension
by listing out 8 ways you can lower your
blood pressure without prescription medication:
1) Arjuna Herb – An ancient
ayurvedic heart herb scientifically proven to significantly reduce blood
pressure levels by toning the heart muscles and relaxing the cardiovascular
2) Lasuna Herb (Garlic) – Lowers
blood cholesterol levels and prevents hardening of the arteries.
3) Hawthorn Berries – A
vasodilator that improves the flexibility and elasticity of blood vessels,
which leads to lower blood pressure.
4) Olive Leaf Extract – Preliminary
studies suggest that olive leaf extract may have several
health benefits. These include lowering blood pressure and improving
5) Grape Seed Extract – MegaNatural®-BP
is a patented grape seed extract with clinically shown benefits. In fact, two
placebo-controlled human clinical trials have found that MegaNatural®-BP
supports blood pressure within the normal range.
6) Celery Seed – Works as an
effective natural diuretic, leading to reduced blood pressure.
7) Rauwolfia (Serpentina) – Rauwolfia
(serpentine) has been clinically tested and discovered to possess
anti-hypertensive properties. Reserpine in the herb works by controlling nerve
impulses along certain nerve pathways. As a result, it acts on the heart and
blood vessels to lower blood pressure.
8) Magnesium – Researchers found
that taking 368 mg of magnesium supplements
daily for three months reduced people’s systolic blood pressure by
an average of 2 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg), and reduced their
diastolic blood pressure by an average of 1.8 mm Hg.
9) Pomegranate – Studies have
shown that supplementing with pomegranate extract supports healthy systolic
blood pressure and lipid profile.
10) Homeopathic Formulas – Homeopathic treatment is recommended because it not only can lower and stabilize blood pressure, it also has a positive effect on overall health. Some homeopathic remedies that have been shown to be highly effective at lowering blood pressure include Baryta Muriatica, Aurum Metallicum, Crataegus Oxycantha, Plumbum Metallicum, Glonoine, and Digitalis. You can purchase a homeopathic formula containing all of these remedies on our website. The product name is REPL Stressnil.
For your convenience, you can find all of the herbs mentioned on our list on our website. They come in an all-in-one formula called Natures Lab Arjuna Plus BP-PRO, or as single herb products like Himalaya Arjuna, Himalaya Lasuna, Himalaya Serpina, Puritans Pride Hawthorn Berries, Piping Rock Olive Leaf Extract, Swanson Grape Seed Extract, Piping Rock Celery Seed, Now Magnesium Bisglycinate, and Piping Rock Pomegranate.