10 Ways to Shrink Enlarged Prostate and Improve Prostate Health
December 5, 20190 Comments
10 Ways to Shrink
Enlarged Prostate and Improve Prostate Health
Enlarged prostate or benign prostatic enlargement happens when
cells in the prostate abnormally divide and multiply, causing the organ to
increase in size.
Benign prostatic enlargement
or BPE is also commonly called benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH. An enlarged
prostate can cause frustrating and uncomfortable symptoms, most commonly
urinary and sexual difficulties.
In this post, our experts at Natures
Lab have listed out 10 natural ways to effectively lower your blood sugar
levels using herbs and supplements:
1. Saw Palmetto – This is a herbal remedy that comes from the fruit of a type of palm tree. It’s been used in alternative medicine for centuries to relieve urinary symptoms, including those caused by an enlarged prostate. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a few small-scale studies have suggested that saw palmetto might be effective for relieving BPH symptoms. You can purchase Swanson Saw Palmetto and Puritans Pride Saw Palmetto from our website.
2. Beta Sitosterol – his herbal medication is a mixture taken from different plants that contain cholesterol-like substances called sitosterols or phytosterols (plant-based fats). Several studies have suggested that beta-sitosterol can relieve urinary symptoms of BPH, including the strength of urine flow. Some scientists have also suggested that it’s these fatty substances — like beta-sitosterol, which is also found in saw palmetto — that are actually doing the work. You can purchase Swanson Beta-Sitosterol from our website.
3. Pygeum – Pygeum comes
from the bark of the African plum tree (the pear we love to eat with roasted
corn!) and has been used in traditional medicine to treat urinary problems
since ancient times. It’s often used to treat BPH symptoms, especially in
Europe. Because studies on it haven’t been well-designed, it’s hard to know for
sure whether it’s effective. According to the Canadian Journal of
Urology, some small studies have suggested the
supplement can help with bladder emptying and urine flow.
4. Stinging Nettle – Stinging nettle has been used for hundreds of years to treat painful muscles and joints, eczema, arthritis, gout, and anemia. Today, many people use it to treat urinary problems during the early stages of an enlarged prostate. Studies in people with BPH demonstrate that stinging nettle extracts help treat short- and long-term urination problems — without side effects. You can purchase Swanson Stinging Nettle and Now Stinging Nettle from our website.
6. Quercetin – In vitro and in vivo studies have
verified that quercetin effectively inhibits prostate cancer via various
mechanisms. Clinical trials concerning the pharmacokinetics and application of
quercetin in humans have also obtained promising results. You can purchase
Natrol Quercetin Complex, Swanson Quercetin Bromelain and Piping Rock Quercetin
Bromelain from our website.
7. Green Tea – One study did link improved
lower urological health with general tea consumption. Men involved in the small
study had known or suspected BPH. The study found that men who supplemented
with a 500-mg green and black tea blend showed improved urine flow, decreased
inflammation, and improvements in quality of life in as little as 6 weeks. You
can purchase Natures Lab Matcha Green Tea Powder and Piping Rock EGCG Green Tea
from our website.
8. Selenium – New research suggests that men who have higher levels of the mineral selenium may also face a lower risk of developing advanced prostate cancer. You can purchase Swanson Selenium, Piping Rock Selenium and Puritans Pride Pumpkin Seed Oil from our website.
9. Zinc – Taking zinc supplements, or increasing dietary intake of zinc may help reduce urinary symptoms associated with an enlarged prostate. There is also evidence that zinc may reduce an enlarged prostate. You can purchase Piping Rock Zinc from our website.
10. Homeopathic Remedies: Homeopathy is a highly effective means of treating prostate health issues. Some of the most effective homeopathic remedies used in improving prostate health and managing symptoms include Thuja Occidentalis, Pulsatilla, Sabal Serrulata, Staphysagria and Calcarea Fluorica. These can be taken individually or in a carefully prepared combination product called REPL Prostet Gland which can be purchased from our website.
For your convenience, we stock a number of products that already combine some of the above-mentioned herbs and supplements in an easy to take formula. The following combination products can be purchased from our website: Natures Lab Ultimate Prostate Defense, Himalaya Himplasia, Swanson Herbal Prostate Complex, and Piping Rock Prostaid Herbal Complex.