10 Herbs and Supplements that Treat Erectile Dysfunction and Poor Sex Drive in Men
December 4, 20191 Comment
Erectile Dysfunction is commonly
called impotence. It’s a condition in which a man can’t achieve or maintain
an erection during sexual performance. Symptoms may also include reduced
sexual desire or libido. Your doctor is likely to diagnose you with ED if the
condition lasts for more than a few weeks or months. ED affects as many
as 30 million men in the United States.
Standard ED treatments include prescription
medications, vacuum pumps, implants, and surgery, but many men prefer
natural options. Research has found that some natural options can improve ED
symptoms. Read on to learn about what experts at Natures Lab have shortlisted
as natural options that have been scientifically proven to effectively treat
1) Rhodiola Rosea – One small study indicated that Rhodiola rosea may be helpful. Twenty-six out of 35 men were given 150 to 200 mg a day for three months. They experienced substantially improved sexual function. This herb has been shown to improve energy and reduce fatigue. More studies are needed to understand action and ensure safety. You can purchase Swanson Rhodiola Rosea from our website.
2) Panax Ginseng – alled the herbal Viagra, Panax ginseng (red ginseng) has solid research behind it. Researchers reviewed seven studies of red ginseng and ED in 2008. Dosages ranged from 600 to 1,000 milligrams (mg) three times daily. They concluded there was “suggestive evidence for the effectiveness of red ginseng in the treatment of erectile dysfunction.” You can purchase Now Panax Ginseng from our website.
3) L-Arginine – Researchers studied the effects of L-arginine on ED. Thirty-one percent of men with ED taking 5 grams of L-arginine per day experienced significant improvements in sexual function. A second study showed that L-arginine combined with pycnogenol, a plant product from tree bark, restored sexual ability to 80 percent of participants after two months. Ninety-two percent had restored sexual ability after three months. You can purchase Swanson L-Arginine from our website.
4) Tongkat Ali (Longjack)
– Tongkat ali is often touted as a remedy for erectile dysfunction. There’s
some preliminary evidence that it may help. For instance, a small study
published in Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine,
researchers found that twelve weeks supplementation of a product containing
a Eurycoma longifolia extract and Polygonum minus (an
antioxidant) helped to enhance sexual performance and erectile function. You
can purchase Piping Rock Tongkat Ali from our website.
5) Maca Root – Reduced sexual desire is a common problem among adults. Consequently, interest in herbs and plants that naturally boost libido is great. Maca has been heavily marketed as being effective at improving sexual desire, and this claim is backed by research. A review from 2010 that included four randomized clinical studies with a total of 131 participants found evidence that maca improves sexual desire after at least six weeks of ingestion. You can purchase Now Maca, Swanson Maca and Natures Lab Maca from our website.
6) Tribulus Terresteris – Tribulus (Tribulus terrestris) is an herb that has been used for centuries in herbal medicine. Most of the current research on it consists of animal studies, which show improved sex drive and increased testosterone levels. One 90-day study in men with erectile dysfunction found that taking tribulus improved self-reported ratings of sexual health and increased testosterone levels by 16%. You can purchase Himalaya Gokshura (Tribulus Terresteris) from our website.
7) Mucuna Pruriens – Testosterone is important for a man’s sex drive and performance. Dip in testosterone level can cause low libido, erectile dysfunction and may hamper sexual performance. Mucuna Pruriens seed extract has been shown to improve Testosterone level significantly. Its main component L-dopa, a precursor of the neurotransmitter dopamine, leads to increase in serum dopamine which suppresses prolectin secretion and thus, alleviates its adverse effects on libido and testosterone, both. You can purchase Himalaya Kapikachhu (Mucuna Pruriens) from our website.
8) Ashwagandha – Ashwagandha has become a common form of treatment for loss of libido and even for erectile dysfunction. Ashwagandha has been proven to raise the levels of testosterone significantly. It increases the serum levels of the luteinizing hormone and testosterone and revitalizes the natural balance of sexual hormones in men. You can purchase Himalaya Ashwagandha and Herbal Hills Ashwagandha powder from our website.
9) Horny Goat Weed – A
study published in the Journal
of Sexual Medicine Trusted Source investigated
its effects on rats. Researchers found that rats treated with purified extract
of horny goat weed showed improved erectile function. You can purchase Piping
Rock Horny Goat Weed Complex from our website.
10) Zinc – One study that measured this association found that restricting zinc intake from foods lowered testosterone levels in healthy men. As expected, zinc supplements in zinc-deficient men also increased testosterone levels. You can purchase Piping Rock Zinc from our website.
For your convenience, we
also stock a number of combination formula products that combine a number of
the above herbs and supplements for effective treatment of erectile
dysfunction. Some of these include Natures Lab Size Up XL, Himalaya Tentex
Royal, Himalaya Confido, Piping Rock Horny Goat Weed Complex amongst others.